Idea cellular launched a special offer that allows 3GB extra data each month for a year for existing and also new customers who switch to Idea from other networks. The new plans by Idea further widen aggressive price war in the telecom market. Currently, Reliance Jio has been a prime competitor and already has 65 million subscribers and sets its plans to extend the consumer base to 100 million users.The other rival Bharti Airtel has rolled out a similar plan in India.
Sashi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer, Idea Cellular said that new plans will encourage Idea customers to adopt the company’s high-speed wireless broadband services. Opting Ideas new offer, customers can avail 12 months free data worth 9000 on the purchase of the new 4G handset.The offer will be available to both existing and new prepaid and postpaid customers.
All the Idea customers will get the data bundled with plans it will further beneficial for those purchasing new 4G handsets.
For prepaid Customers
- RC 348 now offers 3GB free data along with unlimited calling and SMS.
- Customers with new 4G Handsets and those opting for this offer will get additional 1 Gb data.
- It comes with a validity of 28 days and customers can recharge a maximum of 13 times in a year.
Ultimate Plans for Postpaid customers
RC. 499 and RC 999
- RC. 499 plan offers unlimited local, national and incoming roaming calls with 3GB free Data on 4G handset.
- Non-4G handset users will get unlimited calling benefits and 1GB free data.
- RC 999 plan offers unlimited local, national and incoming roaming calls ith 8GB free Data on 4G handsets; and 5GB Data on other handsets.
- The users can enjoy a free subscription to its Music and Movies pack on these plans.
For all new and existing customers upgrading to 4G handsets, Idea will provide additional 3GB data on these rental plans, until December 31, 2017. The extra 3GB free data for new 4G handset customers will make it 6GB and 11GB free data each month, on Rs 499 and Rs 999 “Ultimate Plans”, respectively.
To avail free data new 4G handset customers have to visit 4G handset section on My Idea App or visit the website using the new 4G handset. However, Free data being provided to customers under the new plan will be 3G/4G, depending on the circle and handset. For those circles where 4G is unavailable, the data will be on 2G in the current 3G ICR circles.